Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Up the Gondola

 The journey has begun! Ric and I were invited to a wedding in Snowmass last weekend. We drove up, dress in tow, to celebrate with a lovely bride, and to start the wedding dress journey.  The gondola opened at 10, and we were there with the dress in hand. It is amazing how many people stopped us when they saw what I was carrying. A wedding dress bag is so clearly a wedding dress.
 Everyone wanted to know what we were doing and where we were going, so I told the story and handed out the blog link. Then up the gondola in my hiking clothes. At the top I disappeared into the women's locker room (this is a ski area) and changed into wedding garb, complete with the sea-shell bouquet.
The wedding dress in a traveling bag caught people's eyes, but when I walked out of the locker room in a wedding dress, I stopped traffic. OK, the traffic was early morning mountain bikers and hikers and Snowmass staff, but still. People stopped and pointed. The gondola operators took our picture, as did a couple hikers. 
 
We ran  into a few people who were attending Emily's wedding and pulled them into our picture. Everyone was laughing and having a great time with the idea. It was a game that everyone wanted to play.

And then the dress went back in the bag and I emerged in my hiking shorts. The dress rode down the gondola to be held at the base until Ric and I could hike down. I imagine that the ride down was beautiful, as was our hike.
I laughed and hiked the day
away. And then we attended
another wedding with the Maroon Bells as a back drop.
From my wedding to Emily's, as if we were secretly sharing an event.

Maybe in some way I am....blessing another wedding by wearing my dress and sending laughter and joy to the next bride.
Hey...let me know if you want the wedding dress to secretly bless your wedding.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Filling my soul and scaring myself wild

Death is actually a pretty permanent state, just in case you have not noticed. That probably sounds profoundly silly, but there is ...