Friday, August 10, 2012

The Tango!!

Our tango!
If you want to have some fun, try a tango!


This was so much Fun! We have been taking tango lesons for about a year and decided we were ready to show off our skills.  I have wanted to be a dancer since I was a child, but so many other things got in the way. So about a year ago I found an AMAZING dance teacher in Arvada, Maggie Francucci. You can find her at  maggie@danceconnectioncolorado.com or
www.danceconnectioncolorado.com  for lessons and to set up your own dance!!

I have to say that taking lessons and dancing, really dancing, has fulfilled another dream.  I was a very NOT athletic kid and only discovered the wonders of stretching my physical limits in college. I was in a fencing class, don't ask why, and the instructor told me that I had a very athletic body. Wow...I had gone from chubby to athletic somehow. Not sure how. So here I was with a new attitude and I started trying odd things...like running...and high end skiing...and racquetball. Wow. 

But somehow dancing remained a dream, with just a few adventures onto the country western swing floor. Until about a year ago when I found Maggie, dance instructor extraordinaire. And tango. Sometimes I sneak an early morning lesson in before work, get my heart and rhythm going, and then hum tango tunes all day. 

Maybe this is really the year of fulfilling dreams and aspirations. I guess it is not too late to hike the Colorado trail...any takers? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Filling my soul and scaring myself wild

Death is actually a pretty permanent state, just in case you have not noticed. That probably sounds profoundly silly, but there is ...