Friday, May 11, 2012

The Idea

     Once Ric and I decided to have a wedding, we had to decide where. Of course I wanted to hold the ceremony bare-foot on a beach or on a ship at full sail. Both of these sound wonderful, but are much more difficult to arrange than one might think. Oh, and more expensive. I wanted my cousins and friends involved, but they are scattered across the US. To top it off, it is cheaper to fly my friend and rabbi from Denver to LA for the wedding than to arrange for a rabbi (who would not know me) there.
     I almost had it pulled together. And then we decided to go to Israel for my cousin's wedding (this is clearly the year of weddings!). So, on to plan B. We will have the wedding here in Denver. Then we will spend the year traveling, wedding dress in tow, to see cousins and friends and wonderful places, and take lots of pictures.
     This means that I can be in my wedding dress bare-foot on the beach, on a ship at full-sail, at the top of a mountain, at the art museum, and who knows where else, surrounded by friends and family. Oh....and the newfy at some point.
     Stay tuned. The next step is the dress. We are on the hunt this weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Elisa - I LOVE this! So fun for you and Ric. Safe travels - I can't wait to read all about it. Love to you and Ric, Kecia

    ReplyDelete

Filling my soul and scaring myself wild

Death is actually a pretty permanent state, just in case you have not noticed. That probably sounds profoundly silly, but there is ...