Saturday, May 26, 2012

Flowers????



     I have been focusing on the Jewish elements of the wedding, and forgot a few of the other things that go into a  wedding. So on Friday when there was nothing going on at work...since it was the Friday before a three day weekend...my wonderful, amazing, talented and so well organized right-hand Administrative supervisor...lovingly called T....asked me what I was going to do about a bridal bouquet. Wow...a bridal bouquet. What a great idea. I honestly had not thought about this detail and asked T, of the soon to be created T bridal planning, if she could make me one.

     What ensued was an amazing conversation complete with assignments, for me,  about many details of the wedding. She had done her homework and knew the elements of the Jewish wedding that I had to plan for, as well as the little details like bouquets and table decorations and photography and invitations.

     We started with the bouquests and looked through pictures on the internet so we could focus on what I might like. We saw the typical bouqets made of roses and lilies and carnations and then....something turquoise.


Something different and unique and something so...well so mermaid. That was it, I was done with flowers, I wanted am all mermaid wedding. something that was so profoundly me.

So we kept looking and T found something even more mermaid, something perfect. Something she said we could make.


Something a mermaid would carry, a shell
bridal bouquet that could travel with the wedding
dress.  We are clearly going all mermaid all the time for this wedding.

Have you ever googled mermaid weddings? there is not much there. This is clearly not a common theme. Mermaid birthday parties with that odd Disney story mermaid...that is SO not reflective of how mermaids EALLY act (check out my mermaid blog). But no mermaid weddings.

   But thanks to T, we have a plan. We are making shell and candle pieces for the tables. we are making a bouquet fit for a mermaid.

We are having a beach wedding in the mountains of Colorado.




                     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Filling my soul and scaring myself wild

Death is actually a pretty permanent state, just in case you have not noticed. That probably sounds profoundly silly, but there is ...