Friday, June 8, 2012

Got English? Got Dig?

     We made it to Israel and have been having wedding adventures for three days. Now that I have finally figured out how to access this blog in English I can start updating. Actually, my Hebrew study has been paying off. I can actually listen to Hebrew conversations and get the general drift. Somehow my body language, including knowing when to laugh with a group, has convinced some people that I understand full conversations.
     And somehow I look Israeli. When we went through security coming into Israel, I was asked, in Hebrew, if I had an Israeli passport. The guard laughed when I responded "not yet." 
     We made it into the country and to the kibbutz. We are back in the guest house complete with basic Israeli necessities...coffee and wine. It feels so familiar this time. We even are able to navigate to the store in the dark.
     The Kibbutz is located in Gezar (the Hebrew word for carrot) at the base of Tel Gezar, an archaeological site.      Tel Gezar  We saw the current excavation during our morning walk. We stopped to talk with the professor in charge (and told him where to buy Harley shirts in Tel Aviv) and he invited me to come up another morning and go into the cave for a geological opinion
    More about all of this  later...but now I have to go back to the beginning and capture our trip in chronological order.

     
    
    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Filling my soul and scaring myself wild

Death is actually a pretty permanent state, just in case you have not noticed. That probably sounds profoundly silly, but there is ...