Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Jewish Reincarnation...you read that right

There is a Jewish notion that every soul is born with a mission...in Hebrew we call this our Tikkun....what we are sent here to heal...the damage we are sent here to repair. The people we meet, our friends and significant others, and those who touch us in passing, are often messengers to help us understand our own Tikkun...our own mission. 

This means that the traits in others that drive me crazy, might be lessons to help nme grow at a spiritual level. Drat....I hate when that happens.

So OK...my soul came her to accomplish something. I get that.
I get that some of my experiences might based on the way my soul did not complete a task in a prior lifetime. The purpose of reincarnation, gilgul from the Jewish point of view, heal our mistakes and to reach our highest potential. 

For example: The heroes of the Bible and later Jewish histories are said to be the reincarnation of earlier heroes. Thus the soul of Cain (Genesis 4:1‑16) entered the body of Jethro and the soul of Abel the body of Moses. When Moses and Jethro met in friendship they rectified the sin caused by the estrangement of the two brothers (Exodus 18:1‑12). (as cited here).

I have to say that if this year is any indication, I was a VERY nasty person in a least one previous life. A psychic reader once told me that I had willingly walked down the seven of eight steps into evil in some prior life...wonderful. 

Maybe this is why it is so difficult for me to actually pay attention to the rules...why I find it hard to know what is right or wrong...and maybe why I love pirates. Guess I was one. 

In Jewish thought we have up to four opportunities to return and complete our soul's mission. I would like to think that I do not need all four to actually do this...but I have to wonder...if I do take my soul to the highest level...can I just come back for the joy of it? Because as I focus seeing the light in others, and shining my light brighter, this world becomes an amazing place. 

Yes...there are horrid injustices, but there are thousands of organizations and millions of individuals who want to change these. Yes...humans can be cruel and vicious and wicked...but we can also be courageous and kind and generous and heartfelt. And as I focus on the light in others, I find more and more that deep within us there are powerful drives to create a legacy of goodness and light. 

To be continued as I explore the light








No comments:

Post a Comment

Filling my soul and scaring myself wild

Death is actually a pretty permanent state, just in case you have not noticed. That probably sounds profoundly silly, but there is ...